Call for Applications: Study tour on the impact of the conflict in eastern Ukraine on the south-western regions of Russia
On October 6-10, 2019, DRA is organizing a study tour to three cities in south-western Russia - Rostov-on-Don, Novocherkassk and Taganrog - to study the impact of the conflict in eastern Ukraine on the south-western regions of Russia.
Civic activists working on conflict resolution topics with the working knowledge of the Russian language and a desire to learn more about the impact of the conflict in eastern Ukraine on neighbouring regions of Russia are invited to participate.
During the visit, participants will have the opportunity to learn about the efforts of Russian civil society to address social problems, about peacebuilding initiatives aimed at overcoming the conflict and its consequences, as well as about the humanitarian situation in the region. Local community leaders, representatives of local and regional authorities, academia and the media will meet with the participants and talk about the situation in the region.
Among the main topics of the meetings will be the following:
- Is the region influenced by the armed conflict on its borders?
- Which aspects of the conflict directly affect the population of the region and have an impact on the quality of life of the people?
- How do local and regional authorities deal with the inflow of refugees from the conflict region?
- What tasks do CSOs have in the context of the conflict, which has been going on for more than five years?
- To what extent do the local media provide information about the conflict events and processes to the population? Is there a demand for such information?
All expenses for participation in the trip (except for health insurance) are covered by DRA. The number of participants of the trip is limited.
To apply, please send a short motivation letter and information about yourself to Nataliya Novakova at email@example.com by 9 September 2019. The selected participants will be notified by 15 September. Please do not hesitate to contact Nataliya in case of questions