The training course will take place on 5-14 August 2021 in Sloviansk, Ukraine. It will aim at empowering youth and NGO workers with skills and practices in working on inclusion and support of IDPs and refugees.
Open to: youth and NGO representatives from Armenia, Georgia, Germany, Latvia, Poland and Ukraine working with IDPs and refugees in their communities
Foundation Institute for Socio-Economic Balance from Poland in cooperation with Drukarnia - Civil Society Centre (DRA e.V.) located in the city of Sloviansk will organize the training course on supporting integration and the social animation of residents of post conflict zones, internally displaced persons and refugees. The 10-day training will take place in Sloviansk, a city in eastern Ukraine experienced by the armed conflict in 2014. Today the city provides shelter for many internally displaced persons. The training will consist of three elements: raising competence, practical field work in the post-conflict zone and building a network of international contacts.
- to share good practices and experiences in the work in post conflict zones and supporting IDPs and refugees
- develop new skills on conflict resolution, media literacy, communication and inclusion
- to support IDPs and local community development of Sloviansk in cooperation with Drukarnia - Civil Society Centre (DRA e.V.)
- strengthen cooperation between organizations from the European Union and Eastern Partnership countries and develop follow-up initiatives for the support of IDPs and refugees
- to promote non-formal education methods, intercultural learning and participatory approaches
- youth (+18) and NGO representatives from 6 countries: Armenia, Georgia, Germany, Latvia, Poland, Ukraine working with IDPs, refugees and migrants
- have efficient level of English
- work with the IDPs/refugees
- readiness to make follow up activities
- ability to take part in the whole seminar (10 days)
- due to the pandemic situation prior to the training course it is highly recommend to receive a COVID-19 vaccine
- additional insurance covering coronavirus treatment for COVID is mandatory in Ukraine
- confirmation of vaccination or negative result of the rapid antigen test (the cheaper one) are needed to enter Ukraine without the obligation to do quarantine (cost of tests will be reimbursed within the travel limit)
- keep in mind that in case of positive results of COVID test before coming to Ukraine we will not be able to reimburse the travel costs or in case of a positive result at the end of the project the cost of medical treatment and isolation in Ukraine (that's why each participant need to have additional health insurance).
- the project is financed by Erasmus + programme
- accommodation, food, materials used during the training, 100% of the travel costs are covered by the organizers
- travel cost reimbursement will be made based on real costs paid for the trip, within the limit defined by Erasmus+ program:
Armenia - 275 euro per participant
Georgia - 275 euro per participant
Latvia - 275 euro per participant
Poland - 275 euro per participant
Germany - 275 euro per participant
Poland - Foundation Institute for Socio-Economic Balance
Armenia - New Generation Humanitarian NGO
Georgia - Civic Activism and Equality Center
Germany - Deutsch-Russischer Austausch e.V.
Latvia - SOLIS TUVAK
Ukraine - Drukarnia - Civil Society Centre (DRA e.V.)
Please direct your application including your CV and a short motivational letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org