The appointment will be from 2 January till 31 August 2020 with a possibility of multi-year extension, depending on available further project funding. Full-time or part-time (30-40h/week) is subject to agreement.
The project "Dialogue for understanding and justice: European NGOs working together for conflict resolution in Donbas" aims to contribute to conflict resolution in eastern Ukraine via the promotion of a resilient and pro-active civil society and new partnerships in Europe, also as part of the new multilateral NGO-platform CivilM+, and thus helping to stabilise the region, reintegrate the population and restore the rule of law and peace. Furthermore, the project is targeted at conveying an understanding of causes, progress, consequences and solutions to the European public, and enhancing the role of civil society in the process of conflict resolution.
The DRA, founded in 1992 and based in Berlin, works with NGOs, state institutions and experts from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, and other countries in Eastern Europe, as well as with partners in many EU countries. It conducts projects on media, education, human rights, interculturality, youth and social work, environmental protection, integration, dialogue and peace work. For more, see: www.austausch.org.
The position focus is on strategic planning and implementation of PR work for the project and, in the scope of this, of the multilateral NGO-platform CivilM+, across all available channels (including websites, social media, etc.), conceptual support and editing of publications (flyers, brochures, reports, etc.), and event management (conferences, side events, round tables, etc.). Tasks include also preparation, organisation and execution of further project measures, as well as project documentation.
a) Multiple-language PR for an international project and platform CivilM+ for conflict resolution in Eastern Ukraine (strategy development and implementation)
· Contribution to the concept development for PR,
· Organisation, execution, follow-up, evaluation and documentation of project measures for PR work (conferences, interviews, meetings, round tables, side events, press conferences, etc.),
· Writing and editing of press releases and texts for project websites and publications, external media, etc.
· Development, maintenance and systematisation of media contacts,
· Editing and maintenance of the project website, articles for brochures, social media, the DRA website, etc.,
· Translations of project-related texts,
· Editorial support of multiple-language publications and newsletters, as well as external service providers (authors, layout, print, etc.),
· Media monitoring.
b) Project management
· Support of the conceptual development and independent organisation, execution, follow-up, evaluation and documentation of project measures (trainings, conferences, round tables, public events, exchange and networking meetings, festivals, etc.) incl. travel organisations or materials,
· Travels to the project region (Ukraine/ other countries)
· Support of the further project development and fundraising.
· Professional experience in the areas of media, press and publicity work,
· Outstanding English and Russian skills (native level), at least very good German skills, Ukrainian skills of benefit,
· Outstanding understanding of current political, economic, and social developments in Eastern and Central Europe, including the role of armed conflicts, human rights and the role of civil society, in particular in Ukraine and Russia,
· Fluent authoring of press releases, brochures and information texts in English and Russian, German and Ukrainian is of advantage (please include examples),
· Experience in maintaining websites and publicity work in social networks,
· Experience in editing and publishing texts, where possible with pictures and videos (storytelling, multimedia formats),
· Experience in project work and organisation of events (seminars, conferences, technical events, panel discussions, etc.)
· Secure handling of common Office programs, knowledge of CMS systems and in website maintenance desired,
· Very good communication and social competences,
· Organisation skills and ability to act quickly and decisively,
· Experience abroad and with volunteering of advantage,
· Great team skills, reliability, initiative and independence,
· Confident and committed appearance,
· High resilience and ability to quickly familiarise oneself with new subjects and tasks,
· Willingness to occasionally work on weekends and to go on business trips, also into the project countries (Ukraine, Russia, EU).
Experience or knowledge in subject areas of the project (conflict management, international civil society, human rights monitoring) are highly welcome.
The DRA offers a multi-faceted and international working environment, competent team, an appropriate salary and space for own initiative. For more information, see: www.austausch.org
Please send your applications as a PDF document (no larger than 2MB) to email@example.com.
Submit your application by 20 November 2019. Interviews will take place in Berlin from 2 to 6 December 2019.