The DRA e.V. is seeking to recruit a PR manager for the international project “Dialogue for Understanding and Justice - II: Strengthening civil society's contribution to conflict resolution, democratic and regional development and the preparation for safe reintegration in eastern Ukraine”.
Location: Berlin, Germany
Working Hours: Full-time
Contract Duration: 1 December 2021 (or earlier) till March 2023 (extension possible).
In March 2021, the DRA started a new phase of its project aimed at enhancing the engagement of civil society in the peaceful resolution of the conflict in eastern Ukraine. Involving multiple partners from Ukraine, Russia and the EU, the project seeks to prevent escalation, assist conflict-affected individuals, promote dialogue, and path the way for transitional justice, with a view of the safe reintegration in eastern Ukraine.
The scope of work:
The PR manager will assume a broad range of responsibilities to maintain and develop external and internal communications of the project and its activities. They will oversee communications of the three components of the project: the international network of partners, human rights monitoring and the civil society hub ‘Drukarnia’ in eastern Ukraine (Sloviansk).
- To design and implement communications strategies to promote the activities of the project, making sure the deliverables reach their targeted audience.
- To engage with multiple partners within the project from Ukraine, Russia and the EU and to ensure joint public appearances in media, social media and webpages of partner organizations.
- To contribute to the management of the webpages and social media accounts of the project components, ensuring full coverage of the activities, relevant news and developments.
- To draft, edit, proofread and occasionally translate presentations, position papers, statements, press releases, speeches and other materials.
- To ensure trilingual (English-Russian-Ukrainian) PR work.
- To engage, cooperate and supervise the work of external service providers, including designers, web-developers, editors and language assistants.
- To develop contacts and to work closely with journalists and editors interested in covering the developments related to the armed conflict in eastern Ukraine.
- To promote expertise of partner organizations and individual experts through press releases, individual contacts and pitching of the topics.
- To maintain and develop a database of relevant contacts.
- To initiate and participate in regular consultations with the project staff and partners on the public presence of the project and its agreed public image.
- To contribute to the reporting obligations of the project to donors, partners and the public; to both internal and external evaluation.
- To maintain and expand the international network of partners.
Skills and experience:
- At least three years of responsible experience as a communications expert or manager in a non-governmental, international or a business organization.
- Excellent knowledge of the Ukrainian context, including the issues related to the conflict resolution, human rights situation, civil society initiatives on Donbas and beyond.
- Good contacts with Ukrainian and international/European media outlets and journalists interested in covering the situation in and around Ukraine.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in Ukrainian, Russian and English.
- Knowledge of cooperation formats between civil society and national and international institutional actors such as governments, parliaments, executive bodies, agencies of OSCE, UN, EU and CoE, etc.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian, Russian and English is required; knowledge of German is desirable. Knowledge of French would be an asset.
- Outstanding communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player at the same time.
- Please, send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com, indicating PR manager/Ukraine in the subject line.
- The deadline is 17 October 2021.
- The interviews will take place online.
The project is implemented with the financial support from the German Federal Foreign Office.